Kratom tea is made with crushed leaf kratom of your choice. The information below makes enough tea for 7 to 14 mild doses, 4 medium-strength doses, or two moderately strong doses:
- Take 50 grams of dried, crushed kratom leaves and put them into a pot.
- Next, add 1 liter of water.
- Boil gently for 15 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid.
- Squeeze the leaves in the strainer to get as much of the liquid out as possible.
- Put the leaves back in the pot and add 1 liter of fresh water and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- After the leaves have been strained a second time, they can be discarded.
- Put the liquid from both rounds back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to 100 ml.
You'll want to boil the tea down to a smaller volume so that each individual dose can be quickly ingested.
Be mindful not to reduce the liquid too much. If the consistency becomes like syrup, remove it immediately. You do not want the consistency to be like syrup, but it will quickly burn once it becomes like syrup.
Because of the unpleasant taste, you may want to add honey or similar and then drink quickly. From there you can follow it with water, juice or a soda.
The Kratom tea is, of course, perishable like any other food or drink product so keep it refrigerated and discard after 4-5 days if not used. Adding about 10% alcohol will preserve it for many weeks if refrigerated.